Sunday, August 1, 2010

Little miss Isla Kay

I am so behind on my blogging, it is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Isla Kay was born on May 7th, 2010 at 10:43 a.m. She was one week early and it worked out perfectly because she was born on my friend, Michaela's birthday and my friend Jane's son's birthday. Jane and I were born one day apart, so it's kinda cool that our kids have the same birthday.

When I went into the Dr.s on Monday, May 3rd, she 'stirred my membranes' and said that it should get things moving along. I totally wasn't prepared for it and as I started thinking about how I could go into labor any time, I started freaking out.
*Also, that Monday, I spent the whole day with Isla's daddy...As much as I tried to get him to admit that he was still moving, he denied the whole thing. ASS!

Wednesday, May 5th: Really hoped that I was going to have a cinqo de mayo baby

Thursday, May 6th:
5 a.m. I got up to go to the bathroom, and when I got ready to get in bed, I felt like I peed my pants...Oh...No...I decided to put a pad on and go back to bed until I started feeling contractions or more of a burst of fluid.
8 a.m. Went for a walk with my parents around Lakeside lake, felt some fluid leaking out, but still felt great.
9:30 a.m. stopped off at a garage sale in the neighborhood. My mom knew the girl who lived there and she asked me when I was due, I said, 'any time now'. She thought it was funny that I was at a garage sale, knowing that I was going to have a baby soon.
10 a.m. called Dr. Evan's office and they told me that I needed to come up to the hospital since I tested positive for Group B Strep. So I jumped into the shower, and got ready to head up to the hospital and have a baby!
11 a.m. Checked into Lakeside hospital

I fully intended to try and go as natural as possible in my delivery. Unfortunately, I couldn't get up and walk around or labor in the tub because I had to be hooked up to internal monitors and every time I moved, they'd fall out. It sucked so bad!!

1:30 a.m. I decided to have an epidural
2:00 a.m. Baby's heart rate dropped down to 34 bpm and the nurses rushed into to prep me for an emergency C-Section! At first I had NO IDEA what was going on and then once they started talking to me about the baby, I was freaking out. I wanted nothing more than for them to take her out so I knew that she was safe.
2:01 a.m. The nurses got her heart rate back up and all was C-Section for me.

9:45 a.m. Fully dilated, time to push
10:43 a.m. Isla Kay enters the world.

She is everything I could ever want and more. She is the best baby every and I love her to death. Even without her daddy present, it was the most perfect day.

No comments: