Sunday, May 2, 2010

Today was the day...

Dear future daughter,

Today was the day that I decided that it was just going to be me & you.

I really hate to say this, but your father is a stupid ass! I have always promised myself that I would never speak ill of him in front of you, but I can't hold it in any longer.

Yesterday, I found out that he is planning on moving half way across the country, the week before you are supposed to make your entry into this word. SHADY! Just the simple fact that he's chosing to do this, RIGHT NOW, angers me beyond belief. Why a father wouldn't want to stick around to meet his ONLY daughter, I do not understand and probably never will.

When you finally come of age, where you start asking me about him, I'm going to have a very hard time finding anything remotely nice to say about him. He is a liar, cheater and an addict and I am so very glad that he will not be a part of your life. If you decide one day, when you're older, that you want to find him, I will be supportive, but I will also be there when he breaks your heart, like he did mine. I HOPE that you only have to endure it one time, for I have had mine broken by him many, many times.

I love you, and I can't wait to meet you.
(I have no idea if this will be around for you to read it, just needed to get it out there)

<3 Momma

1 comment:

Kate said...

Steph, she is so lucky you will be the momma to protect her.