Thursday, November 5, 2009

ANNOYED!!!

I posted a comment on Facebook this morning, about how frustrated I was, that the lady at the health clinic told me that I wasn't eligible for an appointment for the H1N1 vaccine, because I wasn't in the 2-25 high risk age group. Well HELLO!! I'm also pregnant!! She obviously ignored that, and put me on a wait list. 
I was pissed, and I knew she was wrong, so I called back and talked to someone else. They agreed with me and I got an appointment.

Well......obviously posting about something so controversial as a vaccination caused too much of a negative reaction and pissed me off further.
So I deleted the comment.

I'm not one of those people who freaks out and feels the need to protect myself against every little thing. Am I scared of the 'Swine Flu', no_not really. But my doctor suggested that I get it because I'm pregnant. 

I didn't get the flu shot for years, until I started working at the hospital, and they required it. Then once I quit, I stopped getting it. 

I'm going to get them this year, simply because I am pregnant and I feel the need to protect myself as much as possible. I don't think that I'm freaking out or going crazy because of it. 

I know there is a lot of controversy over vaccines and children, and that's something that I need to look into in the next few months. My cousin chose not to vaccinate her daughter for a majority of things and she's sick all the time. She tried so hard to 'protect' her against all this stuff and I honestly think it did her more harm than good.

I just needed to vent a little bit. I'm sick of people telling me that I'm 'FREAKING OUT' and 'CRAZY' because I'm pregnant. I want to punch those people in their faces.

No comments: